• Home
  • Cosford Database
  • London Pub History
  • Random Pub History
  • London Pubology
  • Licensed Victuallers Association
  • Pub history in progress
  • Pub history south & west
  • WW1 gallantry research
  • WW1 regimental history
  • UK Pub History in progress

    UK Pub History in progress

    Search ME by surname, address or pub name

    Ilketshall St Andrew, Suffolk Villages & Towns - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

    Suffolk Villages Home Page | Ipswich Borough & Suffolk Hundreds |Suffolk Villages and Towns A - Z

    Ilketshall Public Houses

    ILKETSHALL ST. ANDREW in 1844,  4 miles S. E. of Bnngay, and S.W. by W. of Beccles, is a parish containing 548 souls, and 1696a. of strong loamy land. Its houses are scattered round the margins of several greens, lying east of the other Ilketshalls, and being, like them, in the Duke of Norfolk's Liberty. The soil belongs to William Adair, Esq., Lord George Beresford, Rev. J. Day, J. Garden, Esq., Rev. C. Clark, Thomas Farr, Esq., and several smaller owners. The Church (St. Andrew) is an ancient structure, on a commanding eminence. It is of flint and stone, and its tower is circular at the base, and octangular at the top. The benefice is a discharged vicarage, valued in K.B. at 5. 13s. 4d., and in l835 at 139. It has 28a. of glebe, and a small parsonage, and is in the patronage of Bungay Grammar School, and incumbency of the Rev. John Gilbert. The rectorial tithes belong to Mrs. Ann Scott, and several of the principal landowners. The Wesleyans have a small chapel here, of flint and white brick, erected in 1840. The Town Estate comprises a double cottage, and 2a of land, let for 11 10s. a year; and 7a. called Redisham Close, let for 10 a-year. One half of the rents is applied to the reparation of the church, and the remainder in defraying other public expenses of the parish.

    Booker Anthony, tailor
    Branch Mr John
    Brighten Robert, shopkeeper
    Cullum Stephen, butcher
    Gardner Hannah, beerhouse keeper
    Green David, corn miller
    Green John, vict. Hare & Hounds
    Hambling Ann, shopkeeper
    Hambling Jeremiah, blacksmith & ironmonger
    Haney Robert, blacksmith
    High James, wheelwright
    Howlett Benjamin, wheelwright
    Hunting Chas. veterinary surgeon
    Kemp James, shoemaker
    Kemp Robert, parish clerk
    Morris James, joiner
    Oldring J. Shoemaker
    Sayer Meshach, tailor & shopkeeper
    Stanard Geo. bricklayer & shopkeeper
    Turrell James, joiner
    Wyatt William, beerhouse
    FARMERS.
    Adams George
    Breese James
    Burgess Thomas
    Buskard William
    Button Ephraim
    Calver James
    Chaston Robert
    Clarke Samuel
    Cullum William
    Howlett Jonth.
    Newby George
    Nurse James
    Phillips James
    Sadd John
    Salter John
    Salter William
    Tooke Peter
    Turner Robert


  • Home page
  • Contact Email :
  • Email
  • Home
  • Pub Research
  • London & Home counties :
  • London Pub History
  • Essex
  • Hertfordshire
  • Kent
  • Middlesex
  • Sussex
  • Surrey
  • Berkshire
  • Buckinghamshire
  • East Anglia:
  • Bedfordshire
  • Cambridgeshire
  • Huntingdonshire
  • Lincolnshire
  • Rutland
  • Suffolk
  • Northamptonshire
  • South & South West :
  • Cornwall
  • Devon
  • Dorset
  • Gloucestershire
  • Hampshire
  • Isle of Wight
  • Oxfordshire
  • Somerset
  • Wiltshire
  • North & Midlands :
  • Lincolnshire
  • Cumberland
  • Derbyshire
  • Durham
  • Lancashire
  • Leicestershire
  • Northumberland
  • Nottinghhamshire
  • Shropshire
  • Staffordshire
  • Warwickshire
  • Yorkshire
  • Research :
  • Pub Research
  • Licensed Victuallers Association
  • Wetherspoons Pubs
  • Grand Junction Canal Pub History
  • Pub history on the River Thames
  • Maps of the UK
  • Anatomy Act 1832
  • BIG Site Map
  • Whats New?
  • London Pubology
  • Need a Researcher?

  • And Last updated on: Thursday, 08-Feb-2018 10:16:46 GMT